Sunday, June 2, 2013

Old Bathroom Grossness

These pictures are super gross, and it's mostly because Grandpa had already started the demo before I remembered that we NEEDED before shots.  This bathroom has been the topic of conversation and the family joke for the past almost 5 years.  Visitors were so grossed out by it, even though I promised them it had been cleaned.  Only so much cleaning can reassure someone that a rusty, dented tub would not give them a foot disease.  I spent many sleepless nights worrying that we were all getting sick from black mold growing in the walls.  Thankfully, no mold was found! There was some nasty floor rot.  We decided that we finally had the money and the time to destroy this special room, so we arranged a schedule with a contractor and began demo the first day of my spring break.  What was supposed to be a two-three week project turned into a six week project.  More on that to come. 
 



Lovely color scheme, and fine paint job. 

Oh, the classy mirror that was so high that I could only see from my nose on up.


We installed the new window a few months before demo.

Welcome to our home... 

1 comment:

Jee said...

Can't wait to see the new photos! I'm sure you are super excited!!! We'll have to visit soon to see it in person!