Today I had another doctor's appointment because of my black out and low iron. My doctor was on vacation, so I got to see a new doctor. I didn't feel great this morning, but that's nothing new. The doctor told me again that my iron level is severely low, and I guess I didn't realize how bad it truly is. I asked him to test my blood again, but he said he didn't think it would be much better even though I've been taking Flintstones vitamins. I had to go down to the Group Health Lab/Pharmacy. You have to take a number and wait with the rest of the people. I started to feel sweaty and barfy again, so I called Bass. In the middle of talking to him I had to run to the small garbage can and throw-up in front of everyone. I sat back down, and that was a mistake. I couldn't hold it in, and I projectile vomited all over the floor and my shirt. It was on my chin! It smelled terrible. The poor people in the waiting room!
I felt better, and oddly enough I wasn't even embarrassed! An old lady walked up to me and asked me if I wanted her to tell me what was wrong with me! Strange! I just looked at her, and then she said "you're pregnant". I laughed so hard. She said she thought I needed a good laugh! That was nice of her! I did get my blood tested and made it home.
Then the doctor called me to tell me that my iron level was even worse this time! I've been trying so hard to eat and take my vitamins. So...now I'm moving on to iron pills. Hopefully it doesn't push me over the edge!
2 comments:
Omigosh Carmen! I'm sorry that you felt terrible today and to have barfed in public!!!
It was nice of that lady to make you laugh. 9 weeks to go...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
You are such a strong person. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but you are very close to the finish line. Baby Van Soest will be out some time in the next 11 weeks one way or another. Keep up the good work!
Love,
MR
Post a Comment