Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Labor & Delivery Day

Baby was due on 4/18/10, but I didn't go into labor until the very early morning of 4/19/10. My water broke at 7am, and I somehow managed to take a shower and do my makeup before heading to the hospital. The hospital was waiting for me. We delivered at St. Joseph's in Tacoma, Wa. I spent about 4 hours in a jetted tub. My mom and Bassione were with me during the whole experience. My friends, Emily and Jennifer, stopped by for part of the action.
The labor lasted about 22 hours. I didn't deliver until 4/20/10. Little Vivienne Luella Van Soest was born at 7:38am weighing 9lb. 1oz. and was 21 inches long. The newborn diapers didn't fit her. :)
We made it to the recovery room. Little Vivi got her first bath. She is already full of sassy personality. I think she looks like Bass, but time will tell what she will really look like. Bass is absolutely the best dad in the world. He is so in love, as am I!
The Lord really blessed us with such a healthy child. He carried us through a rocky 9 months. Praise the Lord!













































5 comments:

Amy Pepper said...

Beautiful pictures, Carmen. She is a doll!

sembatgirl said...

yay!!! yay!!!! yay!!!! PJQ

Jee said...

Congratulations! I think it's funny that you showered and put on make up before going to the hospital -- you looked great in the photos. I loved looking at all of the photos! Congrats to you, Bass and your family!!!!

Mary Robert and Andrew said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby and a beautiful name! I'm so happy for you. What a great day to be born. My brother was born 35 years ago today, so I'll always remember Vivienne's birthday. Welcome to the Mom's Club!

Love,
Mary Robert

Unknown said...

Beautiful baby and looking great, mama! I am so proud of you! She is absolutely the cutest thing. I love the cheeks :) I love seeing her asleep on all of the different family members :) Too cute :)