Friday, April 9, 2010

Oops...no picture!

Dear Mary Robert, (hee hee) And everyone else who was wondering...
No labor or delivery yet! I didn't take a picture for week 38 because I was so sick! I got all dressed up for Easter services, and then I changed my clothes and was bummed that I forgot to take the dang picture. Oh well! Let's just say that I'm HUGE!!!!
I'll be at week 39 tomorrow, and I get to go to the labor and delivery ward at the hospital to have the baby monitored. We are now closely keeping an eye on possible pre-eclampsia. No fun! I had to do a 24 hour pee collection test at home. I GET to return that today and do a blood test. I just feel lucky that my doctors are taking such great care of me.
I'm beyond excited to finally meet this little one, but I'm totally freaked out about giving birth. My mom asked me if I was nervous. I told her it wasn't the same kind of nerves that I get when performing music. I have a feeling that I'm going to bawl my brains out! Hopefully that epidural will work for me! :)
Doctor says that most likely they will induce me if the baby doesn't come by the due date. That sounds miserable, but at least I know that the end is close!
Thanks for all the kind wishes! Hopefully I'll be posting some baby pictures on here soon!
Carm

3 comments:

Amy Pepper said...

Carmen-

You will do just fine whether you go into labor on your own or need to be induced. We (L&D nurses) will take good care of you.....I promise you! Besides, just let them know that you know me and you better get the treatment! LOL. Try not to stress about it. Just enjoy these moments ans think of what it will be like to hold her in your arms for the very first time. What an amazing blessing. Best of luck and keep me posted on what Dr. Greene says about your 24 hour urine and lab work. ;-)

Jee said...

Craig and I are excited for you and Bass. You have just about one week to go. You'll do great but I too am scared about the delivery. It must be a comfort to know that you won't go past your due date. I still have 10 weeks and 2 days!!!

You look great Carmen -- you have the glow of pregnancy. I wish I had that same glow! Love the blog -- keep up on the updates. I love reading them!

Hope to see you at church this upcoming Sunday!

Mary Robert and Andrew said...

It's good to know I haven't missed anything.

I would offer some words on giving birth, but nothing anyone told beforehand gave me any comfort. It's scary not knowing and something you just have to experience for yourself to truly understand. For me, once the ball started rolling (ie. contractions started) I was so overwhelmed with the idea of Claire finally arriving, that it all felt like a dream. I didn't get a whole lot of time to let it sink in though. I went from 2cm to 7cm in 1.5 hours. After that I'm sure the epidural helped the dream-like state.;) You'll do great!

Lots of love,
Mary Robert