Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Finally!

Today I woke up to the same old cramps. Not fun. Grandma and Grandpa came over again to help me with lunch. Grandpa cleaned the stove! I'm a lucky gal! Poor Grandma forgot her mask to help her with her cat allergies! I gave her a mask I had from the hospital, but I think it had cat hair on it! Hope she recovers!

Aunt Beth stopped by with Nicole. Nicole was up in Kirkland for a pre-op for her eye surgery! She looked so cute and grown-up today! It was great to see her. She nicely reminded me that I told her she could come over back in August, and she had to wait until December! :) I told you I was stuck in August! Beth picked me up a Jamba Juice! Yum.

I went to see my OBGYN again today. The doctor was extremely happy that I'm eating again. Now that the TPN is not being pumped into my body, my liver function test has become almost normal. I guess you want the blood test number to be around 32. My liver was up to 165! Now it's back to 36. So good! I'm still a bit anemic. Nothing to worry about. I think I'm a normally anemic person. The doctor said that the line can come out any time. I tried to drink more this evening. So far so good. I'm not worried about stopping the medicine. I have pills if I need them, and I've been able to keep pills down. I'm just so happy to not be throwing up any more.

The doctor did me a favor and looked for the gender of the baby! He says it's a girl, but he said it's not 100% for sure. I guess it's easier to be positive about seeing a "boy" part rather than girl. He said he will check again in a month. I'm going with girl! Totally excited!

Pray that this line comes out and that my arms continue to heal!

Tree from Pam!

1 comment:

Amy Pepper said...

Carmen-

So glad you are finally beginning to feel better. Definitely sounds like a rough road for you. My aunt (Beth Garrett) has been filling me in and I have been following your blog for a few weeks now. :-)Who are you seeing for your provider? I thought you started out seeing Pearl Place Midwives but are you with Group Health now?? Would love to stay in touch with you over the next number of weeks. Hopefully will be able to see you and Bass at the Garrett's open house on the 20th.