This morning was very very cold, so I wrapped up like a mummy and slept in. My nurse woke me up around 10am and told me that permission was granted to take out the picc line! I was awake in an instant! Judy took my line out without any complications. It was about 50cm's long! Super long! Super gross! My arm is still wrapped in a bandage, but I can take a shower after 10am tomorrow. YAY! No more Bass washing my hair. I was so excited to be off the picc line! I got up and went downstairs. The cats were surprised to see me. I decided to soak in the tub while I made all my big phone calls.
Grandma & Grandpa came over again to help me out. I was trying to get dressed by the time they arrived, and I tried to put my old shirt on. My grandma had sewn snaps on all my preggo tops so I can easily change with the chords that were always in my arm. I was trying to work the snaps when I realized "hey! I don't need to wear this thing anymore!" I hardly have a thing that works as maternity clothes. I put on some jeans and didn't button them, and I found a baggy sweater that worked.
Gma & Gpa took me to my mom's house to spend the day with her! It's the first time I've been over there in almost 4 months. I hadn't seen mom in a few days because she has been ill. She was happy to see me...although I don't really know why! She and Dad have been basically living at my house for the past 5 months! It was great to be at her place. We had the fire going, and she made me crepes! Yum!
The baby has been kicking away today. Mom decided to try and feel the baby...and she got lucky! One gigantic kick! Bass has yet to feel the baby kick.
Pastors Jen & Ben stopped by to talk and celebrate and pray with us! Such good news. I can hardly believe. It felt like Christmas day today! If it had only snowed!
Praise God!
1 comment:
Carm!!! I am so excited to hear you got that picc line out and you are up and moving!!!! And eating!!! That was such a nightmare but you made it through. Love you lots sister :)
Post a Comment