So I've started eating again. It's working out okay, but I'm afraid that I'll gain weight if I eat too much while on TPN. I get to call the doc tomorrow and let him know that I think we need to cut back on the TPN(food).
Last night Jennifer Gorham was over and we all ate some Chinese food. I just ate fried rice and some bland chicken and waterchestnusts. It stayed down. Today I asked Bass to bake one of those frozen dutch apple pies. It smelled great, but it didn't taste good. I have messed up taste buds. Ice cream tastes really grainy to me also! Hopefully it will all come back. I'm craving the really sugary foods right now...I don't want something too flavorful coming back up!
This is so hard, but I feel like maybe I've turned a corner. It would be nice to be able to wash my hair...that will have to wait! I've have some weird dreams that I couldn't remember how to take care of myself anymore, and it took me hours to get ready. I'm sure I'll feel that way. I can hardly remember what it's like to just feel healthy! I'm going to have a whole new appreciation for the simple things in life, and the sad thing is that I'll probably forget how bad this whole thing really was. It's amazing how much we take for granted.
No comments:
Post a Comment