Veronica (my college roommate) and her husband, Jeremy, flew up from CA for a 5 day visit. So far Veronica has cleaned a toilet, changed my bandages, fetched me ice, and researched how to trim all the various plants in our overgrown yard. It's a sad yard. I was telling her that I feel stuck in August when this whole sickness started. I stepped out of the house on Wednesday to go to the hospital and was shocked by the cold. It's sad to think about how much time is lost when you spend every day in bed.
Anyway, Bassione went to church today and came home to find Veronica out slaving away in the yard. Bass joined her, and with the help of some electric trimmers borrowed from Grandpa, they managed to do some serious damage to the yard. I am so grateful. One less thing to stress over. When I do have the baby in the spring I don't think that I will have enough energy to take care of myself and the baby let alone the scary yard. I'm sad we let the beautiful yard get as bad as it is. I'm sure the previous owners have driven by and cried! I would!
Jeremy and I have spent two days playing the new Mario Brothers game for the Wii! It's a nice distraction! He is so good that we have already made it to World 7! Bass has enjoyed having the company...he snuck down stairs to watch some sports and get his much deserved alone time.
Although my arms are bad...REALLY BAD...I guess I have some good news. My nausea is getting better. I'm throwing up less each day, and it's mostly water. I think the bleeding is under control. Also, food was cooked in the house for the first time in months and it didn't make me sick. Pizza & tune melts! My stomach growled, but I was told that there is a special way to ween off the TPN.
I'm off to see the dermatologist for my arms and the OBGYN this week. It would nice if I didn't have to make another ER or urgent care trip. So far urgent care hasn't done much for me. The ER is much better, but until I get the H1N1 vaccine I won't feel very safe going there.
More too come. Veronica has been taking some great pictures! Thanks for the prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment