Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

I kinda knew that today would be a bit depressing. Bassione spent the morning cooking and cleaning. We didn't know who would be stopping by. Grandma and Grandpa brought over some homemade rolls and cinnamon rolls. They will be for Bass and my family. I tried eating yesterday. Grandma brought me Hawaiian bread. So far I have eaten 2 bites of cream-of-wheat, a bite of toast, and a roll. I've kept it down, but today I am not in the mood to eat, and I am having a hard time keeping water down.

Bass helped me change my dressing for my picc line. The hole looks good, but the skin is as gross as my right arm was. I don't know how much longer this line will be able to stay in. I can't run the risk of an infection going straight to my heart. Bass wrapped it up a bit too tight, and he is now off to the store to buy some more gauze. Bummer! I don't even know if Walgreens will be open today. It's so tight that my arm is ballooning around the bandage! I'm icing it to keep it from itching. It really helps.

So...I sat in bed and surfed the internet for hours. I almost feel asleep when Bass got home from my parents. Mom called to let me know that the food didn't turn out right. I doubt that. They must have just been so sad that I wasn't there that the food tasted wrong! :) Bass tried to make my mom's fresh cranberry fruit salad this morning and forgot the sugar! Talk about sour! So...I guess maybe some of the food was a bust!

I'm hoping that we will have visitors this evening. I might watch a Christmas movie. Sounds cozy. I'm freezing cold today, and it's probably because I keep the window open for fresh air.

Well...I'm thankful for all of you who have given so much to me (driving me to the hospital, visiting, doing laundry, cleaning the house, bringing Bass food, praying, writing cards, making me useful things, donating money). I am thankful for a wonderful husband who helps me, a supportive family (Brauhns & Van Soests), and a great church community.

No comments: