
Veronica and Jeremy left this morning, and I am totally sad. Their timing was so perfect that it must have been God's doing! The distraction was exactly what I needed, and it provided a bit a rest for Bass. Jeremy and Veronica have such a heart for service work, and they are both quiet, compassionate, generous people. I believe that Jeremy ran erands for us and even put gas in the car without letting us pay him back! How could we pay them back for taking vacation time to come and spend it with me. Veronica's help in the yard was and is amazing! I can't wait to see how much better it looks next summer. I also really enjoyed getting to know Jeremy better. Most of my friends already knew Bass when we got married, but Veronica met Jeremy after college. He is a great guy, and I'm so happy that they found each other and strive to live godly lives together in marriage.
The sitiuation with my arm is a bit complicated right now. I ended up not waiting around at the ER yesterday. I just had a feeling that I needed to go home and wait! Waiting is good...considering it's almost Advent. A friend of mine, who is getting his doctorate in theology at Fuller Seminary, posted on facebook that the season of Advent is good for us, and he is willing to fill us in on the details if we want. :) Back to my arm! I ended up having a good night. I have to be very careful with my arm right now...it's not exactly in a sterile dressing, and the picc line is not secured with a stat-lock. I have a bandage wrapped around my arm keeping everything in place and as clean as possible. God is hearing my cry in the midst of my suffering. I got a hold of my doctor today, and my in home nurse came to change my dressing again! Praise God! I see His work all around me daily! I am pleased to say that God has been protecting my heart also. I feel that most of the time I can give thanks! Thanksgiving...then Advent! I can do this!
Today Pastor Jen came to visit and is amazing! I just thank God for her. Mom and I were talking today about how good her sermon was on Sunday and how blessed our church is to have both her and her husband to minister. Pastor Jen gets me, and she always brings scripture readings and prayer. She said she will be looking up the Psalm that Pastor John read to me. I'll post that when I get it. Pastor John and Pastor Jen have been with me through this whole ordeal.
Veronica wrote small scripture verses down for me and posted them on my bedside table in hopes that they will help me keep faith and uplift my spirit. They are all so poignant. One is from 2 Corinthians 4:7-9.."But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
1 comment:
Carm,
We really enjoyed our time with you and Bass. Our flight home was uneventful. Jeremy's friend who picked us up from the airport told us his wife had HG during her pregnancies.
You'll have to take pictures of the yard in the spring and summer to show me how it's doing.
I'll e-mail you the last couple of pictures that I took. We saw a beautiful sunrise over Mt. Rainer this morning on the way to the airport.
Keep us posted about what you decide about your arm and your adventures with starting to eat food in your mouth again!
love you,
V
Post a Comment